Wednesday, November 19, 2008

$70 for a Beer & Wine Focus Group

This week I attended a focus group on Beer & Wine and for about 1 hour of my time, some sampling and answering some questions I received $70 . I really enjoy these sessions and I pay no tax, completely legit, just cash in an envelope. The $70 came in very handy too because I wanted to buy my 6 year old a bike for christmas and this helped big time.

The invite to this focus group came about by being registered on the Light Speed Consumer Panel and if you are interested in getting invited to more of these then make sure you join the top 5 survey panels.

When these marketing research companies get a job like this one they will assemble a survey panel based around a set of demographics that their client is interested in as customers. Typically they will use the data that you have supplied in your profile to work out whether you fit the survey panel and then get in contact with you.

They rang me up while I was away in Adelaide last week and after a quick round of screening questions, I was locked in for the a session on the following Tuesday night.

When you show up to the venue they check off your name and with a group of other people you go into a room where there is a faciliatator and you discuss the product and give your opinion on it and the advertising /marketing for the product.

At the end of the session they give you an envelope with the cash in it, and you're away....

No comments: